The CogniDiet® Program: Slow and Steady the Key to Sustained Weight Loss – Seeking to Enroll for Cohort 2 Clinical Trial Starting September 2016.
Cardon, a holistic nutritionist, is conducting organized clinical studies focusing on women. Her goal is to formally prove the effectiveness of the methods used in The CogniDiet® not only after 12 weeks, but also in the long term, with follow-up after six months, 12 months and two years.
She wants to prove you lose weight because you change your life style, you keep it off and you improve your cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar level, even possibly eliminating a pre-diabetic status diagnosis.
The first cohort of 10 women enrolled in April 2016. Final results are pending with blood data information mid July 2016 and look very promising. Weight data collected on June 30 for the last session shows an average loss of 16lbs, with a maximum of 24lbs and a minimum of 8lbs.
Cardon is seeking participants 40 and older for a second cohort of 10-20 women who will start mid-September. No weight loss drugs or supplements are part of the protocol.
“This program targets middle age women who present with inherent challenges to lose weight because of hormonal fluctuations, and who need the support of learning to change a life time of habits,” said Adi Benito, MD, endocrinologist, and advisor for this trial. Women have lost up to 40 pounds in this 12 wee program, with an average of 15 pounds.
The CogniDiet® is based on three teaching principles:
1. Participants change behaviors by changing the course of their thoughts or “rewiring” the brain using proven cognitive behavioral therapy and neuro-plasticity techniques. Games and experiments have been designed to help participants change.
2. Through visualization, breathing and emotional brain training (EBT) techniques, participants learn to better manage stress, which can lead to food cravings and fat storage.
3. Participants understand the science of combining food types, portion control, building muscles and exercising smartly to accelerate weight loss.
“A pill, a diet and exercise for a couple of weeks not be enough. This program combines all the elements needed to support a participant holistically, for long-term benefits” said Randi Fain, MD, advisor to this trial.
You will meet in small groups of 6 maximum, once a week, for 12 weeks, in a one hour class, at our beautiful office in Princeton, NJ, on route 206 near the Princeton Airport.
Register now, FOR FREE, if you qualify. The program will start September 20.
• You must have been on a diet so many times you lost count, and unable to lose weight for the past 3 years
• You must be over 40 years old
• You must be dedicated to follow the program every week for 12 weeks (there will be several groups and schedules)
• You must be able to produce a blood lab test showing some of your basic data (lipid panel, fasting glucose, A1c and BP). It cannot be older than July 20, 2016 and you will commit to being re-tested and share results at the end of the program.
• You will have to come back for a weight and body composition follow up after 6 months, 1 year and 2 years
Some health restrictions apply such as confirmed diabetes, severe depression, eating disorders or severe metabolic issues. You will have to meet one on one with Veronique before it can be decided that you qualify.
It takes 12 weeks to learn new skills and rewire your brain to behave differently when meeting temptations. 12 Weeks is nothing in light of a life time of weight struggles. You are worth it, join us NOW.
For more information on the clinical study or the program itself, visit TheCogniDiet.com or call 609-285-2949. There will be an introduction session Tuesday June 251 at 11am, July 6 at 7pm and July 13 at 7pm. Meeting will be held at our office in Princeton.
About Veronique Cardon, MS
Veronique Cardon is a holistic nutritionist with a master’s degree (summa cum laude) in holistic nutrition from the Clayton College of Natural Health. Since 2007, she has practiced as a nutritional consultant at The Princeton Integrative Health Center. She created, tested and launched The CogniDiet® Weight Loss Programs in January 2014. Since August 2014, she has been a board member of the Princeton-based “Suppers Programs” and leads a monthly home cooking class, “Healthy Supper with a French Twist.” Her past career as a high level executive in the pharmaceutical industry, dealing with high stress and weight gain have been a tremendous asset for Veronique in helping others fight the battle against unwanted pounds.Leave a reply →