Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pine Nuts and Pomegranate Seeds
We love the combination of the Brussels sprouts with the crunch of the nuts and the juicy seeds. This salad is ready in 15 minutes and it makes a delicious and healthy starter or salad! It provides important anti-oxidants thanks to the pomegranate seeds and protein from the pine nuts!
To serve four:
– 20 to 30 Brussels sprouts, trimmed of stems and tough outer leaves
– 1/2 cup pine nuts
– 2 pomegranates
– 2 to 3 tbsp of olive oil
– Clean the Brussels sprouts of their stems and outer leaves, and shave the Brussels sprouts into very thin slices.
– Remove the seeds from the pomegranates and set them aside
– Toast the pine nuts over medium heat until they are fragrant, being careful not to burn them
– Cook the shaved sprouts with the olive oil over medium heat, with salt and pepper to taste. They cook quickly! The longer you cook them, the less crunchy they will be.
– When the sprouts are ready and cooked to your taste, toss them with the warm pine nuts and the pomegranate seeds.