My client Debbie is of Greek origin and loves her olive oil and feta. She contributed to our recent healthy recipes’ challenge with her unique “Real Greek Salad” preparation. I think her secret is oregano, very high quality olive oil and excellent feta cheese. And lots of love, of course.
Here she is preparing her salad for the 2017 Super Bowl party she hosted at her house.
This recipe will serve 6 to 8.
- 3-4 ripe medium tomatoes (cut in quarters) or 24-30 cherry tomatoes
- 2 heads of Romaine salad
- 2 medium sliced and unpeeled cucumbers
- 2 large scallions sliced or 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 4 oz. of black olives (Greek olives)
- 2-3 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 7 oz. Greek feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- A little lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste