Here’s an easy and healthy dish that makes a great side dish for poultry or any meat.
For 4 servings:
- One large bag of extra small frozen peas
- One large or two small escaroles (pending their size)
- One very large onion, salt and pepper
- Olive oil and butter
- Cook the peas in boiling water for a 2 to 3 minutes, without salt
- Wash the escarole carefully and put the leaves for 1 or 2 minutes in boiling water with salt. Drain and cut the leaves in 2 to 3in sections
- Chop the onion very finely and cook in a pan with half butter and half olive oil, salt and pepper, until soft
- Add the peas and escarole in the pan and sauté for a few minutes.
- Make sure everything is tender but not mushy. Add salt and pepper if needed
- Sometimes I serve this with a little bit of balsamic vinegar on top.