This is the way I prepare zucchini spaghetti with shiitake mushrooms. They have so much of that earthy yet delicate taste. You can even take that recipe and transform into a wonderful earthy soup! Just mix the cooked ingredients with some chicken or vegetable broth!
Ingredients for 4 servings or 6-8 side dish portions:
• 3 to 4oz fresh shiitake mushrooms (you can substitute with other mushrooms like button mushrooms but it won’t have the same delicious taste)
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbs. lemon juice
• 1 medium shallot, minced
• 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
• 1 .5 to 2 pounds zucchini (I prefer the large ones, less spiralizing lol)
• 3 tbs. each of thinly sliced chives and parsley
• Freshly grated Parmesan or pecorino
• Salt and pepper to your taste.
• Brush the mushrooms to get rid of any debris. Then cut the stems. Cut the mushroom into thin slices lengthwise. Reserve in a bowl (squeeze some lemon if you are afraid they will turn brown)
• Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced shallot and garlic
• Heat in a large pan on medium heat and when the shallot turns translucent, add the mushrooms
• Add salt and pepper to your taste
• Let cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Let the extra water coming out of the mushrooms reduce. Make sure you toss regularly
• Cut the zucchini lengthwise into pasta spaghetti into your spiralizer
• Toss the zucchini into the pan with the mushrooms. Let cook briefly for 10-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure the pasta stays firm. It just needs delicate heating
• Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with the parsley and chives
• Serve with the grated cheese or let people grate their own cheese.
Enjoy my friends, it is healthy and provide a good source of protein to vegetarians with the shiitake mushrooms.
Leave a reply →