Why not try a watercress salad with avocado and grilled shrimp. It is delicious, refreshing, and not very high in calories.
Watercress is a wonderful green leafy vegetable with a peppery and tangy taste. I grew up eating it many times in France, where it was very often prepared as a salad or soup or served with grilled meats. In fact, we grew our own watercress along a small stream that meandered through the garden.
Watercress is rich with phytonutrients and it contains anti-cancer compounds, Calcium, Vitamin C, and Vitamins A, B and K.
For 6 servings you will need:
– 2-4 bunches of watercress
– A few leaves of radicchio salad (purple color)
– 4 to 6 shrimp per person
– 2 ripe avocados
– A handful of cherry tomatoes
– Olive oil, coarse salt and pepper to cook the shrimp
For the vinaigrette:
– 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
– Juice of one lemon
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– Salt and pepper to your taste
-Rinse your watercress well and pull off the stems
– Cook or grill the shrimp in the olive oil for about two to three minutes per side. You can cook them with or without their shells!
– Cut your mini tomatoes in half
– Dice your avocados
– Whisk the mustard, lemon, and olive oil together until they are combined. Add salt and pepper to taste
Serve on 6 plates, first the watercress and radicchio – as much as you like, the tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle the vinaigrette and then add the shrimp. Enjoy!